WHY CHOOSE QUINT SOLUTIONS?
Our great rates of pay are among the highest in London.
- Quality sites with notable construction companies
- Cover national construction sites.
We offer our operatives
- 100% support, empathy and integrity – and with that comes loyalty.
- A one-to-one working relationship with a member of our team.
- An introductory pack.
- Flexible payroll options
At Quint Solution we take compliance and safety very seriously, therefore before working for us you will have to successfully satisfy our registration criteria. There is a number of registration documents that we require from you these include:
- Proof of Identity
- Visa (if applicable)
- Proof of right to work (if applicable)
- Proof of address(these must be dated within the last 3 months)
- Qualifications (CSCS/CPCS cards etc.)
- 2 Referee contact details (1 MUST be from your most recent employer, and all references must be returned from business email accounts/fax numbers or on headed paper. We cannot accept references from personal email addresses)
Once the documents above have been produced and verified you will then be asked to complete our company registration documents.
Payment is made each Friday a week in arrears. Your timesheet must be received by the office NO LATER THAN 10AM on TUESDAY. Please ensure that this timesheet is completed accurately and signed by the client; failure to do so likely to delay your payment.
Phone: 0207 11 88 99 2
Fax: 0207 11 88 99 3
Email: [email protected]
AWR At Quint Solutions we take Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) very seriously, all our staff are paid correctly. AWR is fundamentally about ensuring candidates are treated fairly in comparison to a permanent equivalent. The equal treatment entitlements relate to pay and other basic working conditions and come into effect after an agency worker completes a 12-week qualifying period in the same job with the same hirer. Agency workers cannot contract out or ‘opt-out’ of the Regulations and the legislation is clear that all those involved in the supply chain are responsible for upholding fair treatment.
WHAT RIGHTS WILL I BE ENTITLED TO WITH AWR?
1. Day one rights (as from 01 October 2011)
- Access to staff facilities; i.e. canteens
- The right to hear about vacant job opportunities
2. Week 13 rights (after 12 week qualifying period)
- Equal pay to that of a comparable employee
- Commissions, bonuses and overtime rates
- Annual leave
- Night work
- Rest periods and breaks
3. What AWR doesn’t cover
- Redundancy payouts
- Sick pay
- Loyalty schemes or long term-service rewards
- Any payment relating to maternity, paternity or adoption leave
The Qualifying Period
The qualifying period is triggered by working in the same role, with the same hirer for 12 calendar weeks. A calendar week is any period of seven days, starting with the first day of an assignment. Calendar weeks will be accrued regardless of how many hours the worker does on a weekly basis. So if an agency worker is on assignment for only a couple of hours a week, it still counts as a week. The weeks do not need to be consecutive, the Clock may be paused for sickness, annual leave, downtime, non term time for schools or for any break in assignment not lasting more than 6 weeks (excluding summer holidays as these qualify) Once the 12 calendar weeks have been completed the agency worker will then be fully entitled to equal treatment.
Please complete the following form below and press submit to register your details. A member of staff will be in contact with you as soon as possible to speak with you about the options available.
Fields marked as (required) are compulsory, and your information is held securely and privately.